Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Mother --- God's Gift To Our Family

Category: Random Ramblings

( a story I wrote when my mother was still alive)

My mom was always there by my side. She was always there for me whenever I needed her. She helps me finish my homework, take care of me when I’m sick, feed me when I’m hungry and put me to bed. She sees to it that I study my lessons well. She also prays with me before I sleep at night. Mom was the best gift God had ever given our family.
But life wasn’t always a bed of roses. Time came when she needed me and my family too. I was twelve years old then and my younger sister was eight. We were too young to be tasked with a very huge responsibility during those times but we had no choice. Our mom was pregnant with our supposed to be third sibling but she was unhealthy and her blood pressure soared up. I don’t really know what happened that very day but my mom was in a coma for five weeks before she became conscious. She was unconscious during those five weeks. I don’t know how I could help her so I just held her hands and prayed with my sister and my dad.It was those times when God had tested our faith. Our mom had a 50-50 chance of survival. Our sister died in her womb after 3 weeks.
Mom was a very strong woman. She gathered up her strength and faith to survive. We were in despair but our faith was strengthened. We held on.Our mom awoke one day. She recognized us and called us to come beside her. She embraced us and enveloped us with her love for us. There were tears in her eyes. Those were tears of love and joy. God was really amazing. He gave her back to us because we still needed our mom.
Right now, mom has fully recovered. Our bonds became stronger than ever after that nightmare eight years ago. I love my mom very much and she loves me too. I can see her working hard just to send me to a good school. She always prays with me and she sets me a good Christian example. Mom was my best friend and my model. I always look up to her. She’s truly God’s gift to us. I just hope and pray to God that I will also be like her when I’m already a mom myself.

No comments: